Welcome to A Certain Alternate Universe

Board Rating

Sister Sites

Affiliates
Affiliates (-18)

Topsites

Latest topics
» A Certain Missing Esper (Arc 4 Main Story)
by Shokuhou Misaki Fri May 17, 2024 9:07 am

» Amaryllis - A Semi-Realistic Lion RPG
by Guest Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:50 am

» Between the lines (Arc 4 Side Story)
by Masaki Chiyo Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:17 pm

» [SS] A Certain Valuable Remnant
by Kumokawa Maria Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:08 pm

» It's a pleasure meeting you.
by Kumokawa Maria Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:57 am

» Myriad Paths | Immortal Cultivation RP
by Guest Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:37 pm

» ✨???? moon power! a sailor moon roleplay
by Guest Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:15 pm

» [SNPC/Magician] Nabuki Kenozuya
by Leivinia Birdway Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:33 pm

» Ichinose Mitsuki ( esper )
by Shokuhou Misaki Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:59 pm

» [Esper] Kakira Denji
by Shokuhou Misaki Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:33 pm

[SS] Friends with Benefits OOC

5 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

[SS] Friends with Benefits OOC Empty [SS] Friends with Benefits OOC

Post  Nikolas Remes Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:33 pm

Somehow you’ve heard about Nikolas’ and his tavern in northern Germany. He’s regarded as an excellent tracker with a well-developed information network. For some reason, either it being seeking his assistance or just seeking somewhere to rest on your travels you end up at the tavern. But being members of the same church doesn’t mean you’ll have access to his network, so you plan to earn his trust and friendship but life doesn’t go according to plan as upon arriving mayhem erupts. And now you have a debt you must pay off before you can even consider earning a favour.

Can you navigate the world of customer service? Welcome to the Ye Olde Tavern!

Slots shall remain open for this roleplay, giving people chance to join the very least as visiting customers until the end of the thread.

Cast: Nikolas Remes, Atsa Tsinaajinii, Vita Vesta Caesar, Saravati Nair

Posting Time Limit: Three days shall be the usual time limit; if you fail to inform your inability to post on the OOC also within that time you shall lose friendship points. I have no issue with posting delays if you inform us beforehand!

We shall use this OOC to communicate regarding this RP.

Last edited by Nikolas Remes on Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:10 am; edited 5 times in total
Nikolas Remes
Nikolas Remes
Purgatorium432

Back to top Go down

[SS] Friends with Benefits OOC Empty Re: [SS] Friends with Benefits OOC

Post  Atsa Tsinaajinii Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:24 am

So as I said I have a few ideas about how to get Atsa to Nikolas' tavern. While Atsa having no sense of direction at all is funny I'm not planning on having his entrance be like Wild Hunt where he just happened to show up after aimlessly wandering in the forest. I did like Jack's suggestions with Atsa coming to the town but not actually knowing the name of the tavern or its specific location, since there is a part of me that just enjoys sending the poor shaman on wild goose chases. After that point I also liked the idea of him fortunately walking into the bar to grab something to eat though I'd also think it be amusing if he accidentally picked a fight with Nikolas' hounds(possibly by making a bad remark about Nikolas due to his frustration about not knowing where the pub is). Also once he is in the pub, even with money, I don't think it will take too much effort to put him in debt. He's clumsy, I'm sure there something or a few things he can accidentally break while there. That or his eagle could refuse to leave his side, get into the pub, and cause a ruckus there after. I can hear Atsa apologizing already...... I can also already see him having a hard time as a waiter or any other restaurant employee for that matter. This is going to be fun
Atsa Tsinaajinii
Atsa Tsinaajinii
Legatum373

Back to top Go down

Post  Vita Vesta Caesar Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:57 am

Yo yo yo, interest from the interest check has not subsided! Here I am, making posts and marking intentions to participate barring unfortunate events. Your wonderful Empress is here and ready to return to active threading! I'll just quote over my suggested entrance from the interest check for convenience:

Vita Vesta Caesar wrote:For Vita's entrance, using what you originally thought up for Sara and founded this idea upon as a basis is probably best. Might even be able to share it with Sara if Hakkun wants to join in. But just having Vita be a klutz and smash something feels somehow out of character, so... I offer a customization. Despite appearing accidental, the accident that led to her life as an indentured servant at best, slave at worst was in fact done on purpose! Having heard of Nikolas, his pub, and its patrons through the grapevine of Necessarius, she determined it worthwhile to make an acquaintance of him. And what better way to do so than as coworkers? But how will our sheltered empress fare in the cutthroat world of drinking and dining?!
Spoiler:

Not satisfied with a mere working relationship, your ambitious Empress wants to befriend the bartender and get all the benefits that come with. To do so, a certain something goes smash, and Vita finds herself 'forced' to repay the damages. My my, how troublesome~

Now then, just don't disappoint me, Alex. Do us proud, magic man! You can do it!
Vita Vesta Caesar
Vita Vesta Caesar
Invictus648

https://academycity.forumotion.co.uk/t486-magician-vita-vesta-ca

Back to top Go down

Post  Saravati Nair Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:38 am

That being said, I still need to figure out why Sara would even be there. Property damage or not, there still needs to be a good reason for her to be in the tavern. Far from home in Germany.

Though I could think of a couple.
1. Post-mission rest stop.
2. As Jack mentioned on the box, dragged in by Vita for some reason (across a body of water and then some).
Saravati Nair
Saravati Nair
Volare723

Back to top Go down

Post  Vita Vesta Caesar Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:03 am

Okay. First off, I have discerned through questioning on the chatbox what the 'that' in Kohaku's "That being said" refers to: the post she made back in the interest check. So, to avoid further confusion of others and for the convenience of all, I'll just go ahead and quote 'that' here:

Saravati Nair wrote:I'm definitely all for some fun magic side SoL. Count Sara in on this one~

...Okay. Back to the actual thread! I'll elaborate on the 'Vita drags Sara along' idea. Now, Vita could engineer her way into Nikolas' heart all on her own. She could, but that would be non-optimal. After all, no matter how well she may hide her intentions, one can never entirely rule out the possibility of being found out, or just having her motivations guessed.

However, if she arrives with someone else in tow, someone with zero awareness of Vita's plans and intentions, a completely innocent bystander... Well, that would be the perfect camouflage, wouldn't it~? And that would be how Vita's scheming leads to Sara unwittingly becoming a debt slave. This setting would obviously have to be precipitated by Vita and Sara being acquaintances at least, and as for what would convince her to come along, would probably be... Hm, probably Vita saying something about how 'There's this fellow Necessarius agent who would be good to know, let's pay them a courtesy visit! We can go visit the local attractions too, while we're there.', preying on Sara's wanderlust and curiosity, revealing only the smallest possible portion of her true intentions while coating even that so it looks more benign and casual than it truly is.
Vita Vesta Caesar
Vita Vesta Caesar
Invictus648

Back to top Go down

Post  Atsa Tsinaajinii Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:18 am

I like Jack's suggestion and it also gets character interactions started at the very beginning of the thread since Vita and Sara will be together. However, I had an idea going of Sara taking a post mission rest stop. Going from Sara's love for travel and exploration as far as I can tell it would be easy to see her wanting to get a look around a new country if she got the chance. So maybe she just finished up a mission in Germany and decided to wanted to explore a bit and take in sights. As such she ends up in the town where Nikolas' tavern is located and from there it shouldn't take much to get her inside. She could just being stopping in to get a bite to eat, maybe she runs into Vita while she is in town and the empress convinces her to come to the tavern, or maybe Atsa approaches her looking for help finding the place/she comes helps him get away when he ends up in with Nikolas' hounds(if I use that idea). So those are just a few ideas I had
Atsa Tsinaajinii
Atsa Tsinaajinii
Legatum373

Back to top Go down

Post  Saravati Nair Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:32 am

Yes. This sounds good. This sounds fun. I'll take Jack's idea. I see more comedic potential on that one. Manipulated into coming along by Vita it is.
Saravati Nair
Saravati Nair
Volare723

Back to top Go down

Post  Nikolas Remes Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:57 pm

It seems we already got our ideal start planned. I’ll probably work with Nikolas doing a normal morning routine and would need to sort something out about the current staff of the tavern. I don’t think they need character sheets.

You going to give them some time off anyway.
Nikolas Remes
Nikolas Remes
Purgatorium432

Back to top Go down

Post  Nikolas Remes Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:05 pm

Posted.

Now go ruin Nikolas' day.

So by the way, since you guys have a solid idea for your introductions I only provided context for whats happening at the tavern. Also at this point, there is no posting order, first one to post goes first and we will forge the order from there. But it may change depending on the situation.
Nikolas Remes
Nikolas Remes
Purgatorium432

Back to top Go down

Post  Vita Vesta Caesar Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:01 am

Post up at the traditional time (screw me). I'll give an excuse of 'visiting family' for now, but this will not be consistent, I promise you that...! Sorry for being right up in the deadline's ass.

Anyway.

For the initial scene I thought it'd be best to try and split up into two groups, rather than all bunch together into one at the very start. So I tried arranging for two groups of Vita, Sara, and whoever they encounter indoors, and, well... Atsa and the dogs, who get upgraded to legitimate SNPCs in his presence, I suppose.

That said, Hakkun, if you wanna go and interact with Atsa, or otherwise just not follow Vita in or around, go for it! Pull Vita off her feet right back through the doors she just came in, mention the strange figure Vita had just tried so very hard to ignore, or just slip away.

And you're next, pal.

EDIT: Don't wanna double post, but just came to mind that I should probably mention this. Alex, do feel free to either give away the location or give a hint to whatever expensive valuables Nikolas may have or to wait and save it for a later development. Up to you, bud.

...Also, Dromas is usually on the second floor, but are you going by European or American floor numbering standards?
Vita Vesta Caesar
Vita Vesta Caesar
Invictus648

Back to top Go down

Post  Nikolas Remes Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:44 am

I shall remember to mention the breakable things. Also well here, the ground floor would be the European system. Ground floor is in level with the ground, first floor is the one above it and so on.
Nikolas Remes
Nikolas Remes
Purgatorium432

Back to top Go down

Post  Saravati Nair Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:30 am

>How to write a long-ass post with zero dialogue by Kohaku

I have kept Sara in range of Vita. With that, we'll see where this goes. Not my best introductory post but I was holding the thread up for longer than needed.

That being said, we return to the bartender. Woo~
Saravati Nair
Saravati Nair
Volare723

Back to top Go down

Post  Nikolas Remes Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:59 pm

It's time for Atsa to meet Dromas the Thunder Lord! Had fun figuring that part out, and tried to describe everything worthy to smash but also throwing a certain troubling puppy. Now to work on that smut.
Nikolas Remes
Nikolas Remes
Purgatorium432

Back to top Go down

Post  Atsa Tsinaajinii Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:03 pm

No animal can be left behind! As such the shaman has decided to try sneaking the lost kitten past the guard dogs and into the tavern, poor Nikolas. He hasn't broken anything yet but I wonder how the owner is going to react to a job request from a boy with an eagle on his head.
Atsa Tsinaajinii
Atsa Tsinaajinii
Legatum373

Back to top Go down

Post  Vita Vesta Caesar Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:27 pm

Vita's bad habit has shown itself.

You're up next, Hakkun!

Also, if anyone comes up with any ideas on how to break into the expensive alcohols, bring Vita and Sara's tabs flying up to the moon, and send Tempus into the dark depths of alcoholism and hangovers, make sure to share~ I'll do the same. Brainstorming may as well start early.
Vita Vesta Caesar
Vita Vesta Caesar
Invictus648

Back to top Go down

Post  Nikolas Remes Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:34 pm

Well I got a few ideas, but I feel I shouldn't be helping you guys destroy my tavern!
Nikolas Remes
Nikolas Remes
Purgatorium432

Back to top Go down

Post  Saravati Nair Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:25 am

Back to Alex.

Frankly, I feel like I'll just go with the flow for now until I feel I can break it. That being said, Send in more dogs. Dogs are cute.
Saravati Nair
Saravati Nair
Volare723

Back to top Go down

Post  Nikolas Remes Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:06 am

And right back to Tempus.

Haku and Jack didn't give me much to respond, but I think this works out. The puppy and Orias could use some help to achieve their motives. Though one could lead to some interesting information about Nikolas and the other could help wreck the joint.

Have fun and while Atsa gets an interview. It seems Atsa is going the peaceful route for now *sweat drop*
Nikolas Remes
Nikolas Remes
Purgatorium432

Back to top Go down

Post  Atsa Tsinaajinii Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:34 pm

Back to Jack's turn

Atsa' bird decided to cause a little mischief and is now standing between Sofia's and the kitten. Atsa has given up on his pride and if things keep going the wrong way for him he may want a drink or two, though he still doesn't have the money for them. The shaman also owes the Vita and Sara an apology, hope the bird didn't startle them too much.
Atsa Tsinaajinii
Atsa Tsinaajinii
Legatum373

Back to top Go down

Post  Vita Vesta Caesar Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:41 pm

No apology necessary, Tempo. No apology necessary at all. And I am aware that the bird did not scare the pup away and the two events are unrelated, but I do not believe Vita cares much at the moment, yes.

...And terribly sorry for the delay. I've had a lot of assignments due the past couple of days (and the next couple) and I wrecked my sleep schedule trying to get them done (...and procrastinating getting them done, yes). Actually intended to finish this post for good late last night, but my body flat out gave out on me. Such are the perils of waiting until too late to get working. Razz
Vita Vesta Caesar
Vita Vesta Caesar
Invictus648

Back to top Go down

Post  Saravati Nair Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:41 pm

Something something priorities. Something something "I love dogs"-Colonel Mustang

Ended up having Sara focus on the dog as the bird was more a meaningless distraction to her. And now the groups have changed~
Saravati Nair
Saravati Nair
Volare723

Back to top Go down

Post  Nikolas Remes Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:16 am

And posted. May edit any mistakes after I sleep but couldn't stop writing. The group dynamic has already changed now Sara is flying solo hopefully the post is OK and helps you continue this adventure. No serious threat towards the tavern hasn't accrued yet. I'm not complaining but why did I expect explosions already?

Also since Sara is now on her own for the time being, Haku doesn't need to wait for Jack or Tempus to post first and vise versa.
Nikolas Remes
Nikolas Remes
Purgatorium432

Back to top Go down

Post  Atsa Tsinaajinii Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:06 pm

Post done! Somehow the birdboy escaped Vita's character execution unscathed thanks to Dromas The Lord of Thunder. Feel a bit bad for sneaking the cat past the poor hound and mocking out his name now. Anyways. Atsa going to try to avoid bringing up the subject of how he knew Dromas' name, apologize to Vita(though he secretly thinks she is some kind of demon now), and most importantly he is going to try to figure out how to work in the restaurant business. Though he is a bit clumsy so prepare for drinks and plates to fall everywhere.
Atsa Tsinaajinii
Atsa Tsinaajinii
Legatum373

Back to top Go down

Post  Nikolas Remes Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:53 pm

Conversation time, so this is something I overlooked. Is it actually legit that we don’t know we’re part of the same church? Based on age alone out of us I think Nikolas is the senior here. But other then that I think Nikolas has figured Atsa is a magician the other two not yet.
Nikolas Remes
Nikolas Remes
Purgatorium432

Back to top Go down

Post  Atsa Tsinaajinii Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:16 pm

Well for Atsa he just walked into the closest tavern in his general vicinity and didn't notice the Anglican cross yet so there isn't any reason for him to associate the tavern to the church yet. As for Nikolas figuring out Atsa is a magician it is definitely possible at this point since he somehow figured out Dromas' nickname seemingly by talking to the him.
Atsa Tsinaajinii
Atsa Tsinaajinii
Legatum373

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next