Welcome to A Certain Alternate Universe

Board Rating

Sister Sites

Affiliates
Affiliates (-18)

Topsites

Latest topics
» A Certain Missing Esper (Arc 4 Main Story)
by Shokuhou Misaki Fri May 17, 2024 9:07 am

» Amaryllis - A Semi-Realistic Lion RPG
by Guest Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:50 am

» Between the lines (Arc 4 Side Story)
by Masaki Chiyo Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:17 pm

» [SS] A Certain Valuable Remnant
by Kumokawa Maria Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:08 pm

» It's a pleasure meeting you.
by Kumokawa Maria Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:57 am

» Myriad Paths | Immortal Cultivation RP
by Guest Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:37 pm

» ✨???? moon power! a sailor moon roleplay
by Guest Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:15 pm

» [SNPC/Magician] Nabuki Kenozuya
by Leivinia Birdway Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:33 pm

» Ichinose Mitsuki ( esper )
by Shokuhou Misaki Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:59 pm

» [Esper] Kakira Denji
by Shokuhou Misaki Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:33 pm

A Certain Alternate Universe Arc 2- A Certain Magical Index OOC

+9
Kamijou Touko
Haragi Faye
Vanni
Guy Li
Misaka Mikoto
Yamato Trystan
Milo Lorelei
Accelerator
Aleister Crowley
13 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

A Certain Alternate Universe Arc 2- A Certain Magical Index OOC - Page 2 Empty Re: A Certain Alternate Universe Arc 2- A Certain Magical Index OOC

Post  Guy Li Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:21 am

Works for me. I'm off for the night. But I'll post when I'm free tomorrow.
Guy Li
Guy Li
A Certain Mysterious Teacher

Back to top Go down

A Certain Alternate Universe Arc 2- A Certain Magical Index OOC - Page 2 Empty Re: A Certain Alternate Universe Arc 2- A Certain Magical Index OOC

Post  Guy Li Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:35 am

Hey guys. It's been a week since we've had any activity in the main arc, so I'll be moving us on when I get a chance later today. (It's been a long weekend.)

If people are having trouble finding a way to introduce their characters then PM me and we'll work something out. We normally prefer people to work out their own intros and ideas but since there was so much interest to start with it'd be a shame if we lost momentum.
Guy Li
Guy Li

Back to top Go down

Post  Yamato Trystan Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:52 pm

and yet the question remains: what else is happening around the town atm that's involved with the main plot? lol :'D

so far it's a person's room and a private meeting of magicians @.@

the time has been established as just before school starts, so unless all of our characters are playing hooky for some reason, none of them would have any out of school meetings. we'd also have to place this arc as before or after the current SS's first, so we can determine character interactions :O

[Event: Empty]|[CD: Empty]|[1: Empty|[2: [Rumor-SS] Intensify - Episode 2]
Yamato Trystan
Yamato Trystan
Level 3 Battou Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Guy Li Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:38 am

Intensify takes place on the 8th of July, while this arc begins on the 20th so there's plenty of time for events to unfold in the other thread without it contradicting this one.

As for what else is happening around town in the main plot, I would say there's plenty of room to introduce characters in their every day life before throwing them into the plot. It may be the morning, but that can be as early or as late in the morning as you need.

What would your character be doing on the first day of Summer break? Taking make up classes for poor grades? Working their part time job? Spending time alone or with friends/siblings? Getting into trouble with local gangs/law enforcement? Or just enjoying their free time? Maybe you've got part of your characters' backstory that you'd like to explore somehow? Or a sub plot you'd like to introduce? Remember there's also each other to RP with. Have your characters bump into one another and interact perhaps?

Vanni's intro post is a good example. It introduces his character and gives the rest of us something to work from, hence why I thought to have Stiyl and Kaori meet him.

Basically you've got a lot of freedom, so even if there isn't anything to immediately jump in on doesn't mean there's nothing to do.

I'd hoped that this intro period would have been done by now and we'd be into the main part of the plot, but as
Guy Li
Guy Li

Back to top Go down

Post  Misaka Mikoto Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:47 am

I wish there was a thread with all the arcs/ sidestories listed in a comprehensible timeline... Just an idea... Wink

I'll definitely post sometime, but I think I'll do it after I come back from my internet-less travel for a week (which will begin in a few days) so I don't feel disjointed. Continue without me for now and I'll join later. Sorry and thanks for the tips Guy!
Misaka Mikoto
Misaka Mikoto
Level 5 Electromaster

https://academycity.forumotion.co.uk/t81-esper-misaka-mikoto

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamijou Touko Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:18 pm

I have been fooling around with a calendar option for the sidebar, but I can't get it to function as I'd like. Hopefully it'll be sorted out soon to help keep track of dates.

I'll admit responsibility for most of the hold up. I was trying to keep the scene in Touko's apartment running in time with Vanni/Guy's thinking it would give people more time to get their characters in place, but if people are having problems getting into the thread I'll hurry it up and let Index out into the wilds. Razz
Kamijou Touko
Kamijou Touko
Level 0 Imagine Breaker

https://academycity.forumotion.co.uk/t18-esper-kamijou-touko

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamijou Touko Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:32 am

Well if anyone's looking for a way to get involved in the plot, Index is now on the loose. You can always have them meet up with her while I handle her as an NPC.

EDIT: I've also uploaded a list of current dates to the Story So Far section. Please consult it for timeline queries.
Kamijou Touko
Kamijou Touko
Level 0 Imagine Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Haragi Faye Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:38 pm

I will be posting my character's intro sometime today =S
Haragi Faye
Haragi Faye
Level 4 Solid Air

https://academycity.forumotion.co.uk/t39-esper-haragi-faye

Back to top Go down

Post  Haragi Faye Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:41 am

Guy, was your latest post directed at me by any chance? Can't tell =S
Haragi Faye
Haragi Faye
Level 4 Solid Air

Back to top Go down

Post  Guy Li Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:11 pm

Yeah, it was. Sorry I didn't make it clearer.
Guy Li
Guy Li

Back to top Go down

Post  Misaka Mikoto Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:09 am

Well, I've posted up my first one for Mikoto just then. I was thinking maybe she could bump into Trystan and/or Index? They would be close by perhaps? Feel free anyone though, I'm open for anything really!
Misaka Mikoto
Misaka Mikoto
Level 5 Electromaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Haragi Faye Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:24 pm

Well im going to make my post soon.

For Misaka, would Stiyl be better off approaching her and asking if she's seen index? Then my character probably would come in hunting for him.

But this is completely up to Guy.
Haragi Faye
Haragi Faye
Level 4 Solid Air

Back to top Go down

Post  Yamato Trystan Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:15 pm

sounds like the vending machine w/could be decently close to the park. the only thing i remember about that vending machine was that mikoto regularly abused it lol. all i can see from its wiki >>why does a vending machine have its own wiki page @.@<< is that it's on a stone path with a stone wall + vegetation backdrop. >>One of the pictures<< also shows a better view, which also definitely looks "park-y", so yea, definitely looks like it could be near or even in the park.

in any case, i think that whether mikoto would actually approach trystan and index though would depend on whether she left their chronologically final encounter with an impression going along the lines of...
  • creeped out wtf (ojesus, stay away from me!)
  • horrendously bad impression of trystan (wtf are you going to do with that poor girl?!)
  • semi decent one (ohey, fancy seeing you here) or
  • due to commotion centering around index (styil shows up leading to a potentially violent verbal/physical sparring, etc.)

i can see the styil appearance happening though, if only for the same reason everyone else has been gathered at the moment: wandering around in the damn unforgiving heat Razz

Yamato Trystan
Yamato Trystan
Level 3 Battou Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Haragi Faye Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:17 pm

Yamato Trystan wrote:sounds like the vending machine w/could be decently close to the park. the only thing i remember about that vending machine was that mikoto regularly abused it lol. all i can see from its wiki >>why does a vending machine have its own wiki page @.@<< is that it's on a stone path with a stone wall + vegetation backdrop. >>One of the pictures<< also shows a better view, which also definitely looks "park-y", so yea, definitely looks like it could be near or even in the park.

in any case, i think that whether mikoto would actually approach trystan and index though would depend on whether she left their chronologically final encounter with an impression going along the lines of...
  • creeped out wtf (ojesus, stay away from me!)
  • horrendously bad impression of trystan (wtf are you going to do with that poor girl?!)
  • semi decent one (ohey, fancy seeing you here) or
  • due to commotion centering around index (styil shows up leading to a potentially violent verbal/physical sparring, etc.)

i can see the styil appearance happening though, if only for the same reason everyone else has been gathered at the moment: wandering around in the damn unforgiving heat Razz

That works too Razz
Haragi Faye
Haragi Faye
Level 4 Solid Air

Back to top Go down

Post  Misaka Mikoto Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:30 pm

As I've said, I'm cool with anything so feel free anyone. Haha, yeah Yamato, that would depend on... their relationship in Intensify's ending I guess? Meeting Stiyl also sounds like a good idea though, let's see if Guy likes it.
Misaka Mikoto
Misaka Mikoto
Level 5 Electromaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guy Li Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:52 pm

Works for me. I can't see any problem with them all meeting up. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.
Guy Li
Guy Li

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamijou Touko Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:40 pm

I'm game. Though it might be easier if Index leaves before/when things get out of hand. Otherwise we'll have a very short thread on our hands. Razz
Kamijou Touko
Kamijou Touko
Level 0 Imagine Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Haragi Faye Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:01 pm

I might actually want to run into Index before I get rough with Stiyl.
Haragi Faye
Haragi Faye
Level 4 Solid Air

Back to top Go down

Post  Guy Li Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:12 pm

I'm planning on introducing some original Magic Side villains soon to give everyone something to do. I've not heard back from Vanni in a while, but hopefully giving his character something to deal with might help.

I'll contact Milo as a well since we discussed the possibility of his character being an antagonist in this arc.

As for the guys in the park, would you want Stiyl to pop in sooner or later?
Guy Li
Guy Li

Back to top Go down

Post  Haragi Faye Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:04 pm

Guy Li wrote:I'm planning on introducing some original Magic Side villains soon to give everyone something to do. I've not heard back from Vanni in a while, but hopefully giving his character something to deal with might help.

I'll contact Milo as a well since we discussed the possibility of his character being an antagonist in this arc.

As for the guys in the park, would you want Stiyl to pop in sooner or later?

One thing about Vanni is that he is very lazy. I keep having to tell him to post to motivate him to post xD
Haragi Faye
Haragi Faye
Level 4 Solid Air

Back to top Go down

Post  Vanni Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:31 am

Hehe, my bad

Posted btw
Vanni
Vanni
Adversor639

Back to top Go down

Post  Haragi Faye Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:32 pm

Yeah... Im gonna wait till Touko posts as Index before any more sudden developments occur xD
Haragi Faye
Haragi Faye
Level 4 Solid Air

Back to top Go down

Post  Yamato Trystan Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:34 pm

sorry, i already made a move :'D

looks like things are heating up XD

Yamato Trystan
Yamato Trystan
Level 3 Battou Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamijou Touko Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:35 am

Well it's not often that Index gets to actively contribute to a fight. Very Happy And her first one no less!
Kamijou Touko
Kamijou Touko
Level 0 Imagine Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Yamato Trystan Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:29 am

sweet XD

waiting on haragi to make a post first before i get trystan to do anything Razz

Yamato Trystan
Yamato Trystan
Level 3 Battou Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next